Saturday 12 June 2010

Advice About Special Subjects

Dear Rhonda:

I am trying to find a company that will decorate my home for a special romantic evening with my husband. I would like to create a theme such as Hawaii, Italy, or France..... maybe even something I have never thought of! I do not know of any companies that specialize in this type of service. Can you provide me with a little direction?

Thank you.

I think a good catering company or events planning company would be able to do this. A caterer is more than just food. They have to create the full effect in order for the meal to work. Call some of your better caterers in your area and ask them if they can assist you. If not, then try to work with an events planning company. They will coordinate everything for you. The directions, music, food, drinks. Its up to you and your husband to create the fun! Good luck and have a great time. I would ask that you tell us all about it but…. I think we will stay out of that one!

Rhonda


Dear Rhonda:

Where can I find wire suspension systems used in furniture stores as room dividers? I've seen them used with frosted glass as well as boards. I would like to use them in my home as a room divider.

Hmmm.... First I would begin with a furniture store by asking them. I would check with Ikea, they have some great contemporary pieces. Lastly, what about creating them yourself. Head down to your home store and pick up some materials. You can finish them however you like to work with your interior. And what a conversation piece you will have for dinner parties!

Rhonda


Dear Rhonda:

I saw a great painting which looked like a view from a beach hut and the frame looked like a window. I thought I could change my bathroom to look like a beach hut and hang it in there, so want to paint the walls to look like white tongue and groove boards. What paint should I use? By the way, I live in the UK so if you could tell me paint types rather than brand names. Thanks!

What a fun idea! I think it is imperative that at least one room in your home be complete whimsy. There are several things you can do here. You can actually use REAL clapboards on your walls. The other thing to do is faux finish the walls so they look like boards. Colors depend on what you want. There is a great book on faux finished entitled: The New Paint Magic by Jocasta Innes. I suggest you look at that for some ideas. Lastly, there is wallpaper by the brand Three Sisters that looks like tongue and groove boards. Very simply it can be hung to create the look you want! Hope that helps!

Rhonda

0 comment:

Post a Comment

Search on this Blog

Özel Arama